Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Playing Catch Up

... Wow! Time is not a friend of mine these days/months... this year! It is so hard to find time to sit down and blog everything when you have TWO, wild and crazy toddler's on your hands that don't stay in one place for very long. I am going to do the best I can to "catch up" on a few things that have been happening around here.

18 MONTH STATS (February 2013)
Hudson:29 lbs, 34.3", size 6 shoe, 2t and some 3T!!! clothes, size 6 diaper
Thayer: 24 lbs 10 oz, 34.3", size 6 shoe, 2t and a few 3T clothes.. we definitely need the 3t for your long and lean body! size 5 diaper

LOVES!
Hudson: balls, cars, shoes (especially your NB tennis shoes), sliding, running and chasing your brother and king, blocks, sandbox
Thayer: cars, books, throwing balls and running to get them, lawn mower, rain boots, ANIMALS of ALL kinds!

WORDS: SO many and ya'll use them very often, I know I am forgetting so many, but here is a good start:
mama, dadda, bye bye, night night, hey, hello, car, truck, tractor, apple (papple), ball, bird, cat, mickey mouse (mick moww), milk, water (wawa), bubbles, tree (twee), nanny (nanna), pop tart, ketchup (etchup), chicken, brother (other), slide, swing, baby

NOISES: when I ask you what these animals say, you both answer and can point to them in your animal book
lion, elephant, monkey, cow, sheep, pig, duck, rooster, horse, goat, fish (obv you just point because mommy doesn't know what a fish says ;)

SLEEP:
bedtime is between 6:30-7:00 pm and you sleep until 8:00-8:30 am! WE ARE BLESSED! Naptime is from 11am until 1:30 sometimes 2 pm!

You both have started listening to me so much more! I know that you have always, for the most part, understood me, but now you actually do a task when I ask you to! yayyy! You both have started putting your toys away when I ask you to pick up before nap/bedtime. You don't pick ALL of them up, but you do what your little attention span will let you! You put away your shoes in the shoe basket by the front door, which is a big help! You bring me diapers and wipes when I ask you to and you put your dirty diaper on the counter after I change you.

Timeout is going really well. If I tell you 3 times not to do something and you continue to do it, you go in timeout. UNLESS, it is for something like hitting and you immediately go in timeout. Everytime you come out you have to give me a hug ;) We are working on saying "sorry."

You both are absolute joys and although some days are hard and verrry long, most days are wonderful and you are sweet as can be.

1 comment: