Monday, April 11, 2011

P3...

P3 = Pregnancy Pet Peeves! Oh my gosh. Seriously! Where to begin?! I'll start with the one I've received the most.

For anyone who has been pregnant and hasn't completely lost all self control when it comes to food you know what I mean by this. For people who haven't been pregnant and like to hear themselves talk, no matter how annoying they sound this is for you:

If I had $1 for every time I've heard this in the past 19 weeks I would be rich! Okay, okay on with it.

A little background for people that have no idea about how much weight one should actually gain when pregnant. My DOCTOR, not a random person, told me to gain 6 pounds in the first trimester. After the first trimester 1.5 pounds every week until the babies are born.

I am PERFECTLY on track for 19 weeks. I am not trying not to gain weight, I am not (by any means) watching what I eat. If I want something to eat at 3 am I get my butt out of bed and get it. I eat as soon as I wake up and then multiple times until lunch time when I eat until I literally cannot breathe. Same story for after lunch until dinner and then until I go to bed. Anyone that is around me can attest to this. Justin has pictures of me eating an entire apple pie by myself. The 2 male's that I work with are shocked by how much I can eat.

Please, PLEASE do not go up to a pregnant woman and ask:
Random Person: "Oh! You're pregnant? How far along are you?"
Me: 19 weeks
Random Person (with a concerned look on their face): "Hmm, is your baby okay? You're way too small for 19 weeks."
Me: Well, actually my BABIES are fine. Yes, I'm having twins!
Random Person: "Oh my. Well I know someone who.... blah blah blah." (INSERT horror story here)

Okay people, really! I have always been skinny - never worried about what/when I ate. I am 5'10" and have a slender build. My torso is longer than most. I'm not 'tooting my own horn', but I don't worry about looking fat and I can wear horizontal stripes if I want to.

OUR boys are perfectly fine. Perfect in fact! They are the exact size they are supposed to be and I am right on track for weight gain. Every pregnant female carries differently and because my torso is long I must appear smaller than the next 19 week pregnant mama with twins.

Get off my back. That's all for now.

Excuse the rant, but on another note tomorrow is our black tie event and Wednesday we get to see our boys again just to confirm how handsome and perfect they are :)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, people are so ridiculous! I had some lady corner me in the gym restroom when I was 28 weeks or so and tell me I needed to get to the doctor because my baby was "too low" and I was going to go into labor at any moment. Guess who went four days overdue? HA! It's tough, but you know you're the picture of health. Ignore the chatter. ;-)

    ReplyDelete