Monday, June 28, 2010

What's going on in our life these days?! Well for one my sweet husband biked 100 miles this past weekend to support Muscular Sclerosis! I am so proud of him! Me on the other hand supported our pool for 6 hours! I'm proud of myself for surviving in 95 degree weather for that long ~ don't worry I had on SPF. Other than that we've had a pretty uneventful last week. Thursday, our great friend Renee will be coming to stay with us for a few days and to make sure we celebrate 4th of July right! Last year Justin and I didn't do anything but go to the park during the day... BORING! I seriously cannot believe that we have been living in Salt Lake City for ONE year already! I just hope this coming year goes by just as fast so that we can get back to New York. I'm glad that we've had the opportunity to live away from the East Coast, our comfort (and by our I mean me)zone, but I absolutely cannot wait to get back! I promise to never take home for granted again - even though NY isn't technically my home - it will be soon enough. The East Coast to me means green landscape, not the rock that people here use to decorate their yards with, sundresses, people think I've lost my mind when I wear my Lilly dresses 'around these parts', pearls, can't say that I've seen one female wearing them since we drove past Mississippi last year, shorter winters (i.e. ours lasted from Sept "09 to May "10), plan tickets that don't cost $500 each to fly to the next state - It really does cost more to fly from Utah to another state then to fly from that state to Utah on the same weekend, MOST IMPORTANTLY my friends and family. I talk to my mom on the phone everyday, I usually call her first thing when I get in my cool company car every morning. I was so use to seeing her at least every two weeks before I moved away - I'm such a mama's little girl and I'm okay with that. I also talk to my best friend, Shelly, everyday. She keeps me up to date on all the latest and greatest drama, haha! My distance from everyone I love has definitely made us much closer! Poor Justin had it rough our first few months in Salt Lake when I had my 'nervous breakdown.' I can't even discuss it because I don't want to go back there ~ ever! He shows me more and more everyday how I can depend on him! He works so hard at work and at home to make sure that I am happy and taken care of!!
Happy 4th of July, everyone! Be safe!
Just leaving you with one of our favorite pictures from our wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment