Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Updates... Like I Promised

First, THANK YOU for all of your kind emails of thoughts and prayers. Every time I read one, I cried all over again. Tears of joy and encouragement of course!

Secondly, Justin and I have been so busy the last few days with Christmas parties. I L-O-V-E the holidays.

Friday night we attended a "low key" Christmas party (seriously though is anything we do low key) and Saturday night we attended an ugly sweater Christmas party, well actually if you want to get technical about it I attended three on Saturday. Long story short, after sewing safety pinning our sweaters motif on and rushing out the door to get to the 9 pm start time, I completely forgot my cell phone and Justin never bothers with his. Any other time I could care less if I had it or not, but I really needed it this time because we had no idea which apartment the party was in. Justin had only been to our friends place one other time (his bachelor party night, which explains why he couldn't remember what floor they lived on). So, the social butterfly that I am started on the third floor and listened outside each door that had loud voices and would knock to see if we were at the right place. On the fourth floor someone had a sign posted on their door about a Christmas Party and only to enter if you had on an ugly sweater. Obviously this was our party! Duh! WRONG! Geesh- So I just go beeboppin in like I own the place (typical) and sure enough starred at a bunch of unfamiliar faces. I was invited to stay though. ha! We finally saw some of our friends getting in the elevator to go to the REAL party, which was on the fifth floor. No telling how many more parties I would have "attended" that night. Oh, and Saturday morning was the Army vs Navy game. No need to comment on it. It ended like it always ends. Sunday was a day of REST!


Harry? Harry Potter?



On to this week. Monday we had Sub for Santa and spent $12,000 in 3 hours! Thank you Goldman Sach's for the donation. Tuesday, I was sick but had to put my party pants on because hubby and I hosted a Christmas party at our house since we finally received our new furniture. We had 22 people and one hairless dog that was scared to death of everyone. Poor thing.
New Furniture, Yay! Still need lots of accessories

King demanding attention from strangers

Today, because I absolutely couldn't wait until tomorrow, I moved up my mid cycle ultrasound to see if the Clomid worked for us. Good news and so so news. Good news is that I have two follicles, which release the egg. One is 15mm and the other is 18mm. They need to be around 18-22mm to be considered mature. Each follicle can grow 1-2 mm per day so this is good news and hopefully will have time to grow a little more before I actually ovulate. In other news, my uterine lining is on the thin side - a side effect of the medicine. It's at 5 mm, but my doctor doesn't want to prescribe anything in hopes that it too will thicken over the next few days. So, again PLEASE pray that if we do become pregnant that the lining will have had a chance to thicken :) The two follicles are like answered prayers already. At least we know that the medicine worked even if we don't get pregnant this cycle!

After my ultrasound I was a little upset because the doctor didn't want to give me anything for the lining problem. When I got home I had a UPS package on my porch. [normally I dread bringing that kind of stuff in because it's never anything good, just a bunch of promotional things that are mass shipped via the company] Today was different! A sweet friend sent me a Zen fertility bracelet because she read my previous post. This bracelet was given to Jacqueline from Real Housewives of NJ to help with fertility and she got pregnant!
This is what the gems mean on the bracelet:

Rose Quartz is the stone of unconditional love and infinite peace. It is the most important crystal for the heart chakra teaching the true essence of love. It purifies and opens the heart on all levels, and brings deep inner healing and self-love. It is a calming and reassuring crystal and soothes internalized pain. If you want to attract love, look no further than romantic Rose Quartz. This gem is said to increase fertility.


Moonstone is a “stone of new beginnings”. Its most powerful effect is that of calming the emotions. Psychologically it calms overreactions to situations and to emotional triggers. Moonstone is filled with receptive, passive, feminine energy. Physically, this stone powerfully affects the female reproductive cycle, balances the hormonal system and attunes the bio-rhythmic clock.  It is excellent for PMS, conception, pregnancy and childbirth and breastfeeding.

So, thank you dear Kristina! It means so much to me that you would think of us during this time! The bracelet honestly couldn't have come at a better time!


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hey Farabe- we struggled for 6 months and it was longest, worst months ever! I will add you to my prayers.. Also, I love your Christmas tree! It's so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!! I'll be waiting on my bracelet from you! :)

    ReplyDelete