Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weeks 5 and 6

January 5 marked our fifth week of pregnancy! I had my hcg levels tested today (1362). When my old doctor called back to tell me what they were, she said "Make sure you get Dr. Yamashiro (our ob) to check for multiples, you're levels are high." WHAT!?!?!? Are you serious?! Okay, calm down, breathe. After lots of googling - it can yes either mean multiples or just one baby. Hmmm... twins do run in my family. That would be fun! Anyway, by the time one reads this post, we will indeed know if there's ONE bun in the oven or TWO!... Not THREE or MORE right?! Impossible! ... We hope.

January 12 marked our sixth week of pregnancy! This has been a breeze so far. I don't 'feel' pregnant. I wish I did - just to make it a little more realistic. I probably shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch though :/ I'm sure I'll eat my words sooner than later. I have heard that morning sickness has something to do with your genetics and supposedly if your mother wasn't sick with you and her mother wasn't sick with her, your chances are pretty good that you won't be sick either. That's what I'm hoping since neither were sick in my family. The only huge difference is I've been EXHAUSTED. That's even an understatement. By 3pm I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to finish my day. When I do finally get home, I HAVE to nap. Justin will usually call me as he's leaving the office so I can drag my groogy butt out the bed and figure out what to make for dinner (although, Justin actually ends up making dinner). Then, about 8:30 we're both in bed, eagerly welcoming sleep and sleep until morning (or until I have to get up at 3 am "to go to the little girls room"- oh yea! that's new too).
I have been eating a little more, too! I've actually lost weight though - crazy since I haven't been sick huh? I guess eating more healthy pays off - not that I'm trying to lose weight people. I promise I welcome it!
I have had ZERO caffeine since December 28 when I drank my last Caramel Brulee Latte from Starbucks... mmm what a good way to go out! I normally wake up and make a cup of coffee and the caffeine will last me all day. I'm super sensitive to the stuff. Before this I never drank soda, just because I knew I would be up for days. I really thought it would be hard for me to give up my 1 (pitiful) cup of coffee every morning, but it's been the easiest thing! Thank goodness.

Justin and I are looking forward to going to our first OB appointment January 21 to catch our first glimpse of baby Algor... or babies Algor!

6 Weeks. Bye, Bye Flat Tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment